I posted a picture of my food yesterday on my more under the radar IG account where I mostly post food and my workouts and someone asked for the recipe! This is a mix of of a couple of recipes but it’s more or less the same prep. Here’s the link for reference. Now the ingredients that I used!
3 cups of shredded cheese (I KNOW)
6 strips of bacon
1.5 cups of chopped broccoli
1 package of spinach
1 small yellow onion
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp low sodium salt
1/4-1/3 cup of 2% milk
1. I put the bacon in the pan and let them cook until they were nice and crispy then put them aside. I left some of the bacon fat in because I’m a horrible person and just wanted to try it. (A woman at a bbq told me she used it for making gravy and for whatever reason that inspired me to do this? LOL)
2. While the bacon was cooking, I cut up the onion TINY cuz I hate chunks of big onion cuz that’s gross. I put the bacon fat on low heat because I like to take the time to cut up my veggies and still have something cooking while I’m doing it so it’s not just PREP PREP PREP then nothing’s going at the same time cuz it takes FOREVER… to me anyway lol!
3. I chopped the spinach because Ali hates “wet leaves” or things that feels like they’re slimy crawling down his throat. He came into the kitchen and chopped them finer because it wasn’t TINY ENOUGH APPARENTLY LOL. After that, I chopped the broccoli into little tiny pieces as well and tossed them all in the pan to let the spinach wilt down a little and soften the broccoli and cooked until most of the water was evaporated.
4. While all of that was going on, I mixed the cheese (I used a low sodium cheese but use whatever) eggs, salt, pepper, and milk into a bowl. The recipe I linked you to didn’t use bacon, broccoli or milk but I like it so yolo.
5. Once all of that was done, I added the bacon fat friends into the bowl and stirred around until everything was coated with the eggs to make sure nothing chunky was sticking out… mostly cuz I wanted it to look cute. Then I poured it into a dish.
6. The recipe said it should be done in 30 minutes but my dish was pretty small and a bit deeper than a normal pie pan so it took about 45 minutes for it to be golden on the top and not runny on the inside.
YOHHHZZZ!! If you decide to try this GO FOR IT!!! This was my first time trying to make something like this and I’m happy to say it was pretty yummy! I’m going to find ways to make it taste better and not use as much cheese next time cuz for the most it’s pretty healthy… minus the bacon fat and 8390248023lbs of cheese lol. Enjoy!!