I put quotes around Paleo because the way we have it isn’t exactly 100% paleo. I’m no paleo expert but I did find this on a paleo website? (Say “crack” again….CRACK) LOL here’s how we make it:
Should be 3-4 servings
2 large sweet potatoes (or 3)
Package of lean ground turkey
Half of an onion (finely chopped)
Garlic (2 cloves)
Green onion chopped (1 sprig but if you like more then go for it. Ali doesn’t like too much so I just use one.)
Cilantro (garnish/to chop for the meat)
Tomato paste (1 tbs)
Worcestershire sauce (5 dashes)
Medium cheddar cheese (whatever cheese)
Tomato (chopped and seeded)
Cayenne (half of a teaspoon)
Low sodium salt
Chili pepper flakes (if you like em)
We use coconut oil for the meat and this spray thang to put the sweet potatoes on in the oven. If you don’t have coconut oil then use olive oil or whatever oil you like, yolo.
Cooking dat shii
1. Slice the potatoes about 1/4 of an inch thick (unless you like them thinner to be more like chips then go for it!)
2. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes (375 F) flipping halfway through. You’ll need at least 2 baking trays LOL. Don’t worry about overlapping some of them since they shrink when cooked anyway.
3. While the potatoes are baking, chop the garlic and onions finely then sauté them for about 3 minutes.
4. Put the meat in and break it apart (obvi) and let that cook on medium heat.
5. While the meat is cooking chop up cilantro, tomato and green onion. Chop the cilantro finely and add to meat. Keep the green onion for serving
6. Add seasoning (little by little and to taste) and the tomato paste. Mix around blah blah you know how to cook. Cumin is hella strong so be sure to add that little by little.
7. Squeeze one half of the lime
8. Mash the avocado then add the other half of the lime, some salt and pepper.
Once everything is done, I like to layer everything starting with the meat. Then the potatoes, meat, cheese and some green onion. Then repeat! Save the avocado and the rest of the cilantro for the top.
Here are pictures that I posted on my Instagram. I add black beans sometimes and jalapenos most times if I don’t forget. We don’t use sour cream anymore but bought greek yogurt instead. This recipe is very yummy and filling and I LOVE IT. Obviously make it however you would want it. I tend to like things hella spicy so I like to make ours extra spicy… Ali sometimes needs a glass of milk LOL oops!! ENJOY Y’ALL!!